Monday 9 January 2012

Draw draw draw

If anyone else studied their art foundation at Chelsea, (like myself) you will be aware that they are big on drawing. If I recall correctly my first few weeks there were spent continuously exploring ways of mark making and drawing different qualities of line. Whilst packing this weekend to travel back to London for the start of the new term (and desperately procrastinating the task in hand...), I had a flick through some of my old sketchbooks.
 This is a selection of pages from one of my early foundation projects. I had to make a 'miniature world' which was a collection of small electrical components stuck into a tiny chest of drawers. Yes those pesky components crop up a fair few times in my design work! Anyway from this still life I did lots of delicate little drawings on a variety of constructed and collaged papers which finally informed a number of print ideas. I was exploring mono-printing different textures, layered with cut out papers relating to my initial drawings. 
  I felt it to be an appropriate post as the concept I am currently working on is entitled 'the travelling line', and much of this imagery fits the idea nicely!








No comments:

Post a Comment