Tuesday 3 January 2012

How my love affair with knitting began

As it is the beginning of a New Year and the one in which my studies will finally come to an end, I thought it fitting to revisit the first samples I ever did on a standard gauge domestic knit machine. This was of course alongside learning how to use the machine, sadly even I am not genius enough to have just magically worked out how to do these techniques! I remember when I showed the work at a critique, my peers and tutors thought it was quite Missoni-esque, obviously a comment which made me enormously happy as I do aspire to be equally as successful as them in a few years time....
  I should probably apologise for the messy edges going on here, this was before I learnt how to darn them in. It's also worth noting I dyed a large proportion of the yarns I used in these swatches, enhanced with a few thicker shop bought hand knit wools.







No comments:

Post a Comment