Sunday 5 February 2012

Rubber


It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks for this little knitter, hence my lack of blog posts for which I apologise and will now hopefully make up for! After a most inspirational trip to Florence, I've been finalising colours and ideas for my final collection (sneak peek coming soon..).

I posted a little while ago about the first of 2 projects I did for Pitti Filati (the yarn event I have just visited) so now I think it's time for the second instalment. The title I was given this time was 'Rubber' and my inspiration consisted of imagery of bubble gum and rubber bands.




The Rubber band-esque piece...
In progress (strips of anti slip under-rug silicone matt being knitted into a lace pattern on my domestic machine)



And then Bubble Gum!



More shreaded anti slip matting (yes pound shops really do sell it in pink!)


There was also another title of 'Rags' and this was a piece all about denim.

And just to finish here's a couple of pics I took from the Ponte Vecchio at night.
 And the smallest tomato in the world which we found in a pack of slightly more normal size ones...


No comments:

Post a Comment